This week on Educating [Geeks] geekhost Megan gets an education on the 2003 comic series by Neil Gaiman.
Shameless geek interests:
- Star Trek (Voyager, DS9, TNG, TOS, the old and new movies — okay, basically everything except f*cking Enterprise)
- Star Wars (owns a replica Revenge of the Jedi poster — Google it)
- Batman (faves: the really dark, sans-Robin Detective Comics in 70s, The Long Halloween, Year One, the Dark Knight Return & DK2, that time they shot Commissioner Gordon, the Nolans, and also the Clooney Batman when it’s on TV and there’s alcohol involved)
- James Bond movies
- 60s & 70s Marvel Comics (think Jim Steranko drawing Nick Fury & Barry Windsor Smith drawing Conan)
- Sherlock Holmes in all his many forms, but especially the form that looks like Benedict Cumberbatch
On the surface, Andrea appears to be your average credit union employee, but her true identity is super geek. Seeing as she loved to learn, she is a graduate of both ASU and University of Cincinnati. At the tender age of 10, her life was forever changed by the gift of a second hand Super Nintendo. Thus began the journey through the wonderful land of ‘geek’. Forever a browncoat at heart, her husband is fully aware that she would leave him for Nathan Fillion.
Things She Geeks Out Over:
- Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis
- Fantasy Literature
- Doctor Who
- Video Games (PC or console)
- Tabletop Gaming
Dan Kurtz is that nerd that you call when you need a Babylon 5 expert and nobody else picks up the phone. He got sucked into his fandoms at an early age, mostly through Saturday morning & After-school cartoons. He successfully broke into the WB/Cartoon Network production offices at 19 after using a trick he learned while watching Sneakers. The first library book that he had ever checked out was about Star Wars. He could not yet read, but chose the book because the pictures were neat. Since then he’s found many like-minded individuals who share his interests and decided to leave his cubicle in order to join them.
Dan geeks out over
- Dr. Who
- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Happy Friday geeks! We’ve got a Big Trouble in Little China Drinking Game hot off the presses. So gather around your favorite people, pour yourself a drink and tune in to the Porkchop Express. And if you haven’t heard our Big Trouble in Little China episode, give it a listen.
Big Trouble in Little China Drinking Game Rules: